Fart Tartz and Mean Bean & Wicked Grind

1:45 AM

Finally the food trip with Carina was planned and fulfilled!! It was a long day of cafe hopping and eating a whole lot of cakes. We didn't visit that many cafes, but we shortlisted quite a number so we'll probably visit the rest the next time, when our wallets are fuller.

We went to Fart Tartz and Mean Bean & Wicked Grind! Apparently, it seems like they are relatively new cafes that started this year. Fart Tartz was soooo out of the way (located at Expo) but it was a worthwhile trip! We got lost trying to find Mean Bean & Wicked Grind, and it was a really long and exhausting day but I had a lot of fun catching up with her. Though we're no longer working together (more details on that at the end of the post), I still find it quite heartwarming to know that we've gotten so close to hang out of work together. And to think we have so many similar interests omg!! She's gonna be another one of my cafe buddies already hehe. :)

 photo IMG_2702_zpse7c39533.jpg
 photo IMG_2704_zpsef85dfea.jpg
 photo IMG_2706_zps1b001f62.jpg
 photo IMG_2711_zps233a24e7.jpg
 photo IMG_2714_zpseb1c51b2.jpg
 photo IMG_2717_zpsf875c791.jpg
 photo IMG_2719_zps27bc35b5.jpg
 photo IMG_2722_zpsfbbf17ac.jpg
 photo IMG_2729_zps2a11618f.jpg
 photo IMG_2724_zps31fcd151.jpg
 photo IMG_2726_zps2cc28f51.jpg
 photo IMG_2728_zps6f8ea6f3.jpg
We ordered:
Iced Hazelnut latte, Minty Fruitty (water infused with fruits basically), Pepper Chix Linguine, Strawberry Short Tartz and Oreo Nutella Mudcake.
Everything is really photogenic, and the boss himself was really nice cause he gave us more paper straws so that our pictures would look nicer!! Hehe have I mentioned how much I wanted to get these straws for myself but Brandon always forbade me to because they're practically useless at my home. Hahaha.
And I liked how their cakes and pasta are served!! I liked their pasta, there was just enough black pepper to spice it up. My cake in the jar was alright, I felt like I should have gotten the highly raved earl grey one instead. Carina's mud cake is really good though. It's a pity that they only serve tarts on weekends... ):


 photo IMG_2740_zpsc713acf0.jpg
 photo IMG_2738_zps48edd386.jpg
 photo IMG_2736_zpsb5268fe6.jpg
 photo IMG_2747_zpse0d0b548.jpg
 photo IMG_2749_zps7d58f36f.jpg
 photo IMG_2750_zps253fbded.jpg
 photo IMG_2752_zps628b6d31.jpg
 photo IMG_2754_zpsa9d887d8.jpg
 photo IMG_2758_zps8c0e5695.jpg

And then our second (and last) stop is at Mean Bean & Wicked Grind!
There were not a lot of cakes left by the time we got there so yet again, what a pity. But at least they still had my Earl Grey Lavender!!!
So we got ourselves iced latte, Sakura tea, S'mores cake, Chocolate Truflle and my favourite Earl Grey Lavender. Of course, the tea and earl grey lavender never disappoints! Though the other cakes felt like they've been placed out in the open for a while, they were still fairly nice. I remember seeing so many other flavours on Instagram but I guess they were all snagged up pretty early. But whatever I had still satisfied the much needed cake fix.

Afterwards it was wondering around Haji Lane only to find even more cafes and bakeries (I am so coming back for them). And then I also happened to meet one of my lecturers in the store his wife opened! A lot of coincidence there, but he had some good news for me regarding school!!
Can't wait to receive an email about it though. Good things have been coming my way. :)


 photo 5648F3ED-1162-4307-9D10-8A2A7112EA59_zpslfdcbeaa.jpg  photo ACD62E8F-4CF4-4717-9B53-09E847942A3D_zpsw8xnwuld.jpg  photo B0A2349C-6E39-4B92-BA6E-51E4B918E372_zpsavgotjku.jpg
 photo 691D9961-8DC1-47E1-99BB-F1A92F13DA90_zps9ezxsxkq.jpg  photo 4ABF00AE-1D8C-42A1-9452-E268177A4515_zpsiwdfgqff.jpg  photo 6C7A8F84-C0E8-48FE-AD89-6B0A145CA12A_zpsexyrhdzz.jpg

As for my work, after an unexpected turn of events that occurred over the past week, I am now officially free from having to endure all the mindless nagging and false accusations. I never expected to stay around for only 3 weeks, but I guess I'm just not the kind to stick around a place which I'm not even comfortable or happy working in.

So, I'm no longer working at the place I used to work at. And neither is Carina (she's my ex-colleague, if you don't know). I mean, I was happy working with Carina and auntie and the barista but... I guess the bad outweighed the good. Yeah sure, it's a pity to have to leave behind a place with such a convenient location and fellow service staff that I get along with, but I'm still glad I left.

After seeing through all the facade of fake smiles... I never thought I'll come face-to-face with someone this arrogant.

"As bosses, we don't need you part-time staff to educate us."

Just, woah. I was merely giving feedback. Oh wait, why am I even surprised. You never listened to any of your staff's or customers' suggestions anyway. You always asked for the sake of it.
You yourself must be well aware of your workplace's horrendous management and welfare, that's why you have to get so defensive, don't you?

I'm glad I at least got to see what was underneath that sheep's clothing. That made my leaving all the more worthwhile. I hope your superiority complex will get you somewhere.
And well, I can finally heave a sigh of relief because I no longer have to control the urge to pick at the grammatically wrong quotes they so proudly stuck on their walls. Or the cringe-worthy promotional posters they self-produced (probably by using powerpoint) using default font styles and stretched photos. Fellow aspiring designers/artists, do you understand my pain?!?!

Their website? Let's not get started on that. I'm in tears, knowing how much they spent and that was what they got.

It's not that I'm being mean. But really, after all the high and mighty act, do you really expect me to just swallow it? Talking down to your staff? Way to go. Maybe you should realise that we are just students working part-time. We are not obliged to take any of your shit.
Sigh. Maybe it's just a huge generation gap? Yeah, probably that.


Well anyway, I still did learn quite a few other things during my short stay there. Now it's on to find a new job! In fact, I've just gotten myself an interview tomorrow so I guess this jobless state won't be for long. Am so stocked because the workplace seems fun and promising!! Hopefully, I'll get the job.

Oh and meanwhile, I've been working on a couple of new headpieces for the next collection launch so keep your eyes peeled for them too! Follow Studio Hanawa on social media if you haven't, or like us on Facebook. Recently, Studio Hanawa has also received an email to be part of a huge social business project!! Imagine the publicity that it would bring hehe omg so many good things coming my way.

That's all for the week, I shall update this space again soon. If school doesn't interfere too much.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments