Exploring Woodneuk Istana

8:13 PM

The New Zealand posts are taking a much longer time to blog than I intended it to... But I will get there soon. This post is a break from my travel posts.

After making plans for a long while now, I finally got to explore Woodneuk Istana last Sunday with some friends!! I've been aching for a photo venture since returning from NZ as I haven't shot anything since then, and that Sunday just hits the spot! I was really thankful for the people I got to shoot with that day. They're probably the best company I could ask for since everyone has similar objectives - to shoot (either photography or cinematography) - so everyone was up for pulling stunts and poses and whatnot.

The photos here are taken by me and @szacwhy (if I'm in the shot).

 photo _MG_0059_zpshfmms0qh.jpg
 photo _MG_0061_zps6w9azgc2.jpg  photo _MG_0076_zpsz3zyn57p.jpg
 photo _MG_0125_zpsizxa0prv.jpg
 photo _MG_0128_zpsgd9vqomq.jpg
 photo _MG_0120_zps4etb62at.jpg  photo _MG_0245_zpszt0v7upv.jpg
 photo _MG_0284_zpsmlzojbqv.jpg
 photo _MG_0231_zpsmr1qrzjt.jpg

It was short trek through the forest (with some steep slopes) before reaching Woodneuk Istana and everyone was pretty stoked and awed by the beauty of the abandoned building. There's something about peeling paint, random graffiti and broken furniture and windows that got us pretty excited LOL. Although I wouldn't say the same if I were there alone...

Woodneuk Istana was pretty big. We also ventured up to the roof, which required us to climb up this ladder that could actually topple if you were to lean backwards, since it's not nailed to the wall. My legs were shaking when I climbed this shit LOL.
Thankfully, there were five of us so it was pretty easy passing the tripod and cameras around before the ascend. And of course, got two occifer scared what right HAHA.

 photo _MG_0148_zpswldpsqyw.jpg
 photo _MG_0151_zpsof24eza6.jpg
 photo _MG_0163_zpstks8xuvk.jpg
 photo _MG_0156_zpssd1vtysm.jpg
 photo _MG_0179_zpsbj03u3p0.jpg  photo _MG_0189_zpsmc7zluel.jpg
 photo _MG_0214_zpsmz4wch8h.jpg
 photo _MG_0238_zpsstt2mvvr.jpg
Meet szacwhy, jaspas, kelohvin and pogsiew.

The guys also did some cardistry videos during our stay there. Jaspas (a friend we met through Zhiyi) takes really sick videos!! Maybe I should consider going NTU's adm after all...

It was quite the adventure, scaling heights and crossing walls. I could have broke a few bones if I fell but I guess I leveled up after all the treks and hikes I've done. Wew.
We got pretty attached to the place, maybe it's our new crib? HAHA. The only downside was the mosquitoes... And maybe getting dirt and dust all over your hands during climbs. And the next time, I'm gonna wear something that makes me look less like a balloon -__-

That's pretty much our venture for the afternoon! Can't wait for the next shoot at another abandoned site!!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments