Cause I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me.

11:59 PM

It's been such a loooooooong and exhausting Saturday.

So there have been plans to go trekking for a while now, but I've been putting it off to a later date due to the overwhelming assignments that never seem to cease. In fact, I was hesitant about today's plan but I thought that I should at least give myself a break, and so trekking it is!

To be honest, I can't quite remember the path we took because the guys did the leading LOL but it was something along the lines from Kranji > Yewtee > Bukit Timah > Treetop walk > Macritchie?? That's more than 20km altogether but thankfully, the weather was relatively cool at 29 degrees celcius today huehue. Who would have thought that I'd actually torture my legs again after osim sundown last month?

It was a long trek that started a little before 11am (oops I was late) and it ended past 7pm. That's 6 hours of walking almost non-stop across trails of gravel, dirt and mud and omg my poor Nikes are so unsightly now ):

But yeah, I feel pretty accomplished knowing I worked out this much today LOL. Considering the plans I have for my two weeks break at the end of August, I should probably condition my body at least this much haha. Anyway, it's a super green post up ahead.

 photo _MG_9851_zpsv6cqvvxc.jpg
 photo _MG_9858_zpsao2xz5uz.jpg
 photo _MG_9884_zps8phgbjtd.jpg
 photo _MG_9868_zps7vzhwz87.jpg
 photo _MG_9899_zpsh2dkijni.jpg
 photo _MG_9908_zps8j65jn2r.jpg
 photo _MG_9904_zpsfyveidpn.jpg
 photo _MG_9906_zpsvifvvkln.jpg
 photo _MG_9862_zpsddjoc8fm.jpg
 photo _MG_9859_zpsivcidef5.jpg
 photo _MG_9917_zpsvyme9mnl.jpg
 photo _MG_9926_zpsskbgidru.jpg
 photo _MG_9923_zps4bjtog5z.jpg  photo _MG_9933_zpsdg1axlsx.jpg
 photo _MG_9938-2_zpse6nv1hsb.jpg
 photo _MG_9949_zps8c6wnlol.jpg
 photo _MG_9955_zpswe3pii8a.jpg
 photo _MG_9957_zpsaltgqikq.jpg
 photo _MG_9982_zps0lwmxli1.jpg
 photo _MG_9985_zpsfbas710c.jpg
 photo _MG_9965_zps7rakq4il.jpg

And yes, I brought out my new baby for the first time!!!! If you realised, the photos are a little different this time cause I (finally) upgraded to another camera from my old wrecked 600D. And I also got myself a new lens! After asking some fellow photography pals for advice and reading through tons of reviews/comparisons posts, I finally settled on a Canon 6D and a Canon 24-70mm F2.8L USM lens.

It costs more than just a bomb and I really felt like I traded my soul with the devil for this one lol. But, I knew that I was going to invest in a better camera and lens eventually. It was only a matter of time. So I thought to do this earlier since it could mean better grades for my photojournalism module and better photos for some of my upcoming photography projects. Essentially, it's gonna add up to a better portfolio, and so, I went ahead and got my new baby. It's the best decision ever!!!!

I'm so in love with the wifi function on my 6D that allows me to send the photos I've taken to my iPhone while I'm on the go, so that means there's no more need for me to wait till I'm home on my Mac to get my hands on the shots. And I really love the flexibility and range of my new lens omg!!

Anyway, this new baby isn't something I bought on a whim, or an indulgence solely based on my interests. In fact, I really want to go far with this. And that's what I will be working on.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments