The Vagabond Club

4:58 PM

It's been a while since I've updated this space so, just a bit of what I've been up to. I'm in the midst of what is probably the most stressful period in my life: my final year project. And that's probably what I'll be whining or ranting about for a while.

Anyway, to a shoot I did back in mid Feb at The Vagabond Club!













I was (and am still) pretty satisfied with this photo series which was supposed to be part of my FYP, but my lecturers didn't like it so... I had to scrape all my initial ideas and come up with something brand new. It's a long story, and a difficult time.
But anyways, I still think the photos are worth sharing!! I was really grateful to have been able to work with a talented team too. I'll probably start posting some of these up on my ig soon.


I've always been the kind of person to stress myself out over minor details or things that are not within my control. But since this final year project is an individual one, everything has just been overwhelming because of my perfectionist tendencies to nitpick anything and everything. So I'm just left feeling pretty defeated and demoralised most of the time since I can't seem to achieve what I have originally set out to do.
So FYP has really been a test on my mental health (as implied by the previous rejection which forced me to redo everything with only nine weeks left to submission). I don't know how many breakdowns I've had since embarking on this FYP but... I'm still alive. Still pushing through, though barely. I guess that counts for something. Will I come out stronger? Who knows. My final shoot will happen three days from now so I guess I'll find out then.

Still, despite all the setbacks, I feel really blessed to have encountered work/business professionals who were willing to help me with my student project, and for my close friends who were always there to provide both moral support and physical labour. Thank you you all, couldn't have done it without any of you!!
Yes, this FYP is the biggest solo project I have ever done. I'll probably blog about it at a later time (if I'm not too lazy) when I'm done with my project.


I guess that's pretty much it for updates because that's all I've been doing since I returned from Tokyo in early January. I just can't wait for all of this to be over so I can finally quarantine myself at home and pamper the inner geek in me. I miss my Netflix shows and games.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments